The way we feel about our bodies affects all aspects of our life—how confident we are, who we talk to, the jobs we apply for, the organizations we join, how we hold ourselves, and how we feel about ourselves—to name a few. The image reimagined workshop dives into the world-wide health crisis of body dissatisfaction and gives students the skills to develop and maintain a positive and accepting view of their bodies, themselves, and those around them.
- improve critical thinking skills by analyzing the role of culture and media in our self-concept
- explore a positive perspective of every individual’s body
- develop skills to maintain a positive body image and self-esteem
- 80% of students will be able to generate their own self-affirmations
- 80% of students will know at least two negative effects of poor body image
- 80% of students will be able to identify influences on their body image
- 80% of students will acquire skills to develop or maintain a positive body image and self-esteem