The TEP Recovery Support Tribe is a group of volunteers dedicated to supporting and empowering those working towards recovery from life-threatening eating disorders. The tribe believes that recovery from eating disorders IS possible and knows the benefit that support, and a sense of community, plays in the recovery journey. Every member of the Recovery Support Tribe recognizes and accepts this vital role in fighting against eating disorders and creating an environment that promotes living a free and healthy life.
How it Works
TEP provides the Recovery Support Tribe members with the space, materials, and support to be effective tribe members and ED fighters. Tribe members will become confident in their ability to support those in recovery through motivation, personal interaction, and advocacy efforts, and TEP is here to support and assist you along the way.
Recovery Support Tribe
- Ability to help save a life and family from an eating disorder illness
- Being in service to your community
- Connecting with like-minded ED fighters | Finding your tribe
- Positively impacting our community-wide culture related to eating disorders and recovery
- Ability to have compassion for those affected by ED
- Desire to provide support for those affected by ED
- Willingness to dedicate one hour per month to tribe activities
- Spread and promote the message that recovery is possible
- Attend Recovery Support Tribe monthly meetings (as often as possible)
- Participate in outreach and advocacy to support those in recovery
- Participate in all personal recovery treatment as deemed necessary by you and your treatment team (if applicable)